As a lot of people know, I (used to) have a hole in my eardrum. Dr. Kutz, my Ear doc, said a tempanoplasty was necessary. A tempanoplasty is when they take a bit of skin from your ear and graft it on to yor eardrum. they do it all the time and it is practically painless... unless you are me, that is!
Usually I'm a daddy's girl. But i pulled a Mom during this surgery. No, instead of being normal and just getting the graft, the doctors decided to replace the entire thing. Why? Because there were some cells that were choking my eardrum and if we hadnt gotten it fixed when we did, I would have had about a two year window before i lost my whole eardrum... including my hearing.
So now i have this beautiful (painful) incision behind my ear, itchy packing in my ear, and (hopefully) better hearing when it comes out. They do this so rarely. twice a year, max. I'm so thankful for those doctors and my parents who were there for me the whole time.
Anyway, Friday december tenth is the play NOT SO GRIMM TALES. Its ok. Not the best play i have ever done. but we are a new school, no? :)
I Read the Uglies series over break.
I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE. :))))
They are super good and hard to put down. I like the first and last one the best, the last one because of the technology in the city.
Later!
~Mac
Hey Mac, now you can be just like Katniss with her special capital-made Super Ear!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you in another fun play. Molly simply loves them. And you. :)